Thursday, January 26, 2006

The soon to be Mom…..


Pregnancy, yep its serious business. Some experience hardships, some experience total discomfort, some lucky women experience nothing at all, except for the big tummy! Wish I’m one of those lucky women.

Anyway I’m doing this post with all my sentiments and may I be able to share the “had that” and the “still have that” to my friends, specially to you Jha, as you wouldn’t stop scaring me!

Unexpected traumatic chills…

Ø First Trimester Morning Sickness – Liar! It doesn’t happen in the morning only, it strikes anytime of the day! Mine usually happens after lunch. Dizziness, nausea, name it and be used to it as it will be a part of your daily habit.

Ø Bigger and Bigger – Every part of me is just oozing to be bigger! Its like my body parts are just waiting to do this all my life. Maybe I was never meant to be medium built at all as I am now…errr fat, in the real sense of the word.

Ø Nose bleeding – Before I used to claim I’m afraid of blood, not anymore! Put a tissue anytime inside my nose, and you can get my blood sample. First time I noticed that my nose would bleed every time I stuck something inside (cotton buds that is) ,as every normal person would react, I panic! Went to the doctor and showed her. But just like the other surprises to me, this is normal. My bones and joints and everything else inside is now very sensitive. So just be careful in cleaning your nose –that’s the doctor’s advice, hehe.


Ø Mood Swings - Im not gonna elaborate about this as even though its hard to admit, Im kinda moody already even when I wasnt pregnant yet.

Ø Stretch marks – Spare me dear GOD! I can admit Im not the most beautiful person on earth but I don’t feel as the ugliest one either. First time I felt the itchiness, I scratched it a bit! As in just a bit, then I showed it to my ever hubby, and he said stop scratching it must be the stretch marks. Seeing the horrible look in my face, he said don’t worry its not that much. Your skin is red only. I believed him and shut up for that time. The next morning, with the nice sunshine over our little room, I took the mirror from the wall and decided to have a glimpse on my ever itchy tummy! And much to my horrific surprise, there it was, the little lighting scratches all over my lower tummy! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa…I really cried my hearts out! Not the marks, not the marks I kept on saying. My mind kept on imagining the scary design on my tummy and somehow a voice in my head is saying you will never be flawless again! My hubby gave me a tight hug while saying that’s normal, the baby is growing. It will disappear later on or after the delivery. I don’t know why, but that time his words wasn’t enough to comfort me, but maybe the hug did it. After an hour I stopped blaming and cursing him with the promise that he will have to pay for an operation that will remove all the marks.

I will rest my case for now, but as soon as remember or feel anything more, I will be glad to share it to you pals!

6 comments:

Clueless said...

I forgot to mention about the well like, non-stop tears falling when your emotions feel like it.

Clueless said...

And how can I forget, the every 5 minutes the nature calls!

aids said...

pede mo naman edit yung post mo eh hehehe...

ako rin may stretch marks kaya wag ka ng umiyak...nasa pagdadala yan hehehe

Clueless said...

waaaa ambaet baet na friend ni Aids! marunong magconsole...huhuhuhu

nga pala tatamad ako edit e..aayus pa font dun tapos replublish pa ulet,ambagal...ehe dito mabilis!

malapit ko na nga pala makita mga pics mo sa net,sa pinas nde naman na cguro block yan!

kinniebear said...

zam! congrats! lapit ka na manganak hehe i'm sure healthy at cute na cute si baby zam. :) god bless lagi. take care!

Clueless said...

Thanks anna! pagpray mo kami ha... harinawa wala nga maging complications ung diabetic chuva na yan....kainis talaga!!!