Thursday, December 29, 2005

Desperate Housewives, The review

Im not one of them (hehe) Physically like and in shallah (hopefully) emotionally as well. One time my best friend and I were chatting, I asked her “do you watch that funny series of desperate housewives?” Instead of giving a yes or a no she replied with a crack saying “ First you fell in love with Sex and The City, now your into Desperate Housewives, whats next ? Fucking Lola?” And we both laugh our hearts out.

I love watching series, not only the sex,comedy,drama type. I was also hooked for CSI, Friends, Smallville, The Simpson, Mara Clara( I can hear Amy,my bestfriend saying..ewww),and other series I might have forgotten already. But what the heck, maybe I just want something to break the ice. Maybe we all do.


Let me describe the main characters from the birds eye:

Mary Alice – I think she’s nuts!? So desperate for a child of her own, ending up
killing someone to have it then gets blackmailed how many years later and kills herself? If that was me, I have already killed someone before then … I can do it again. Find out who is crawling behind my back and give him what’s just right. Exactly the way his husband did. Tsk tsk tsk

Susan – Love her looks, the way she dress with just jeans and tops. I like the way she is not so bitchy but sad to say her idiotic side and her clumsiness just turns me off! I cant imagine the way she is living her life, divorced Carl, the father of her child. Sssssstill live in the same area, and watch while Carl bangs the hot girl in the neighborhood. Ohh please, girls are not this stupid. Even if she is already in love with someone else, I still find that unbelievable. Or is it because I was raise in somehow a more conservative region compared to the that of western countries? Is this for real?

Bree - She portrays the perfect one…(from who’s eyes again may I ask?)
You know what is my husband’s reaction when she first saw her? "Scary... As if she will kill me if I did something wrong..." I didn’t realize how bad it really affected her family. The way she does things you know what I mean? In terms of her talent, I like her. Gardening and cooking cuisines, gleaming set of China’s . But that’s all, nothing more.

Gabrielle- Ahh the sexy and the naughty girl among the four. Her adultery is understandable. Not that I am saying she is right but damn the way that husband of her, Carlos treated her in the beginning.

Its justified. I cant forget one line when they were arguing about attending a dinner party, Gabbi says something that goes “ every time I’m around that man, he wants to grab my a$$”, then Carlos replied “I made 200,000 $ business with him this year, if he wants to grab you’re a$$, let him!” Now do I need to say more what an a@@h*€^ he is?

Lynette - This one is my hero. Wink wink wink…Mother of 4 consecutive very active children and now finds a way to support her family. Strong minded, and somehow dominating. Tom his husband is not perfect and still quite childish but its not that bad, so far. Lynette brings balance to the show’s all gloomy marriages and all. Her family is only one, but shines among all. Her kids might be a pain, but at the end of the day, who is happy anyway?

Thats the main casts of the series,It is only in its season two so for the others who havent taken advantage of this breakaway for an hour or so from our very busy life...try it,then judge it yourself !






No comments: